At ClearCom, we believe in every role, every decision, and every plan, we should ask ourselves, ‘How Will This Affect the Client’. In most cases, a Technician will be the ‘face’ of ClearCom, Inc. and with that important responsibility, they must ensure they and their fellow team members are providing top-notch service. It is imperative that we are delivering professional, helpful, high-quality service and assistance before, during, and after the client’s requirements are met, including, but not limited to timely response/updates and detailed notes on the project.
Job Title: Senior Technician
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Field Supervisor
Average Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
Typical Schedule Range*: 6:00am – 6:00pm
*Schedule flexibility required and is dependent on project requirements
At ClearCom, a senior technician is primarily responsible for achieving overall job site completion and ensuring high-quality work while adhering to safety standards and requirements. This position combines a senior professional-level trade skill set with basic project management methods to complete any task related to the low voltage and security work done at ClearCom, Inc. A Senior Technician safely and productively completes projects of various sizes and levels of complexity to complete project milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, Program, Troubleshoot, Service & Train on Some or All of the Following Systems to Include Devices & Head-End Equipment:
- Access Control
- Intrusion Alarms
- I.P and Analog Video Surveillance Cameras
- Fire Alarms
- Network Cabling
- Fiber Optics
- Security Cabling
- Wireless Network Access
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Mass Notification, PA Systems
- Nurse Call
- Assist in Pre & Post Sale Activities, Including, Site Surveys & Design, Project Deliverables, Etc.
- Install, Repair & Service Electrical Equipment & Fixtures
- Install Various Types of Raceway & Cable Tray Systems
- Perform Routine Maintenance on Electrical Wiring & Systems
- Act as an On-Call technician during off-hours as scheduled on a rotating basis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic that aligns with ClearCom, Inc.’s Mission & Core Values. • Solid team player exhibiting ClearCom Core Values of Passion, Focus, Accountability, and Trust.
- Ability to lead and train employees.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Effective project leadership skills.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of team members, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Demonstrated teamwork and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments.
- Must have Valid Drivers License, Without Restrictions
- Familiarity with Electrical Equipment & Hand Tools
- Ability to Read & Understand Electrical Schematics, Blueprints, & Manuals
- Experience in Operating Scissor Lifts & Boom Lifts
- Security Systems: 5 years
- Networking: 5 years
- Installation: 5 years
- Programing: 5 years
- Previous Experience in Electrical Engineering or other Related Fields is a Plus
- MEDIUM – Exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up-to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up-to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- CLIMBING – Ascending or descending using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- BALANCING – Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; or maintaining body equilibrium when performing feats of agility.
- STOOPING – Bending body downward and forward. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- KNEELING – Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
- CROUCHING – Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
- CRAWLING – Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- REACHING – Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- HANDLING – Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand
- NEAR ACUITY – Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less. Use this factor when special and minute accuracy is demanded.
- FAR ACUITY – Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more. Use this factor when visual efficiency in terms of far acuity is required in day and night/dark conditions.
- DEPTH PERCEPTION – Three-dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
- ACCOMMODATION – Adjustment of the lens of the eye to bring an object into sharp focus. Use this factor when requiring near-point work at varying distances.
- COLOR VISION – Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- FIELD OF VISION – Observing an area that can be seen up and down or to right or left while eyes are fixed on a given point. Use this factor when job performance requires seeing a large area while keeping the eyes fixed.
- EXPOSURE TO WEATHER – Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather.
All offers of employment at ClearCom, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug and alcohol screening. Background checks and drug and alcohol screening will be conducted on all final candidates and on all employees.